SPORTING CP SOCCER ACADEMY – SINGAPORE
TERMS OF REGISTRATION AND CODE OF CONDUCT
Your child’s registration at Sporting CP Soccer Academy, Singapore is subject to us receiving your formal confirmation and agreement on the conditions of his/ her enrolment as outlined herein
Football education takes on many forms and varieties. It is our aim at Sporting to provide your children with the best football coaching and experiences. In order for your child and the Academy to be successful, it is important that both players and parents are supportive of our endeavours, rules and regulations.
Our aim is to develop and challenge your kid as best as we can. It is also our aim to ensure that every child at our academy learns and grows up with our academy’s values of:
FRIENDSHIP, COMRADERY, INTEGRITY, LOYALTY, RESPECT, KINDNESS, GENEROSITY, HUMILITY AND GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP
– We raise men!
Over and above these values, we want to impart other important life skills – How to ensure a positive mental attitude and self-confidence, the correct approach towards competitiveness, the importance of relationships and teamwork, the role of fitness and overall athlete conditioning and the importance of diet.
We want to be known as the Academy with the highest degree of discipline and exemplary attitude and behaviour - both on and off the pitch.
Our Code of Conduct is a guide to the principles and expectations of behaviour within the Sporting CP – Singapore Soccer Academy. These expectations will apply to all persons involved in our Academy’s activities regardless of their role or affiliation. These guidelines include any spectator at a match or other organization / external function. This Code of Conduct is to be read and understood by all directors, coaches, assistant coaches, managers, referees, players and parents before the beginning of each season.
Acceptance of and agreement on the Code of Conduct occurs when this document is signed by a parent/ legal guardian and Escola Sporting Pte Ltd or acceptance is received via electronic format
COACHES & STAFF
Be a positive role model ∙ Build a foundation for future success both in sport and in life ∙ Create and inspire a passion, enjoyment, and respect for the game of soccer ∙ Communicate with those whom you lead as you would wish to be communicated with by those who lead you ∙ No profanity will be tolerated ∙ Develop the player’s appreciation of the game and strive to help them reach his/her full potential ∙ Be sensitive to each player’s developmental needs ∙ Educate the players to the technical, tactical, physical and psychological demands of the game for their appropriate age level ∙ Conduct all training sessions in a spirit of enjoyment and learning ∙ Set high standards of discipline and sportsmanship ∙ Encourage players to strive for excellence through competition ∙ Communicate with parents
All the above as per the Sporting Club de Portugal’s Code of Conduct and Training Methodologies.
All our athletes must demonstrate and agree to the following:
I will do my best at ALL practices and during ALL games ∙ I will not be disruptive and will do my best to stay focused and listen to my coaches during practices and games ∙ I will practice good sportsmanship by treating ALL players, coaches, officials, and parents with respect ∙ I will not speak negatively to or about my coaches, teammates, or other teams that I play against ∙ I will do my best to encourage my teammates during practices and games ∙ I will keep my equipment and the equipment of the team and club in good condition by not using it improperly ∙ I will wear the kit as stipulated by my coaches ∙ I will greet and be friendly and supportive to any new athlete that joins as per the coach’s guidelines ∙ I understand that my overall improvement comes from training and to truly improve I must make the commitment to practice on my own, away from scheduled practices and games – this involves skill, technique, tactics and stamina ∙ I understand that my commitment, effort and attitude at training will have a direct impact on the coach’s selection criteria for league teams and tournaments ∙ I will always accept my coach’s decision on being selected into a specific training squad or team in a positive manner ∙ If I am not happy with my coach’s decision on team selection or any other aspect of my development at the Academy and need to discuss this with him, I will tell him in private that I would like to speak to him ∙ I understand that my actions, words, and behaviour at practices and games will affect my playing time during games ∙ I agree to arrive at trainings and matches as per my coaches instructions and to assist where possible to unpack and pack away equipment ∙ I agree to always be respectful of the Academy’s clubhouse and its related infrastructure – no balls are to be kicked against the office walls, don’t litter, clean up after yourself and always abide by the rules as notified from time to time ∙ During matches, I undertake to :
Avoid all forms of gamesmanship and time-wasting, always have regard to the best interests of the game, including where publicly expressing an opinion on the game and any particular aspect of it, including others involved in the game, know and abide by the Laws, rules and spirit of the game and the competition rules, accept success and failure, victory and defeat equally, resist any temptation to take banned substances or use banned techniques, treat opponents with due respect at all times irrespective of the result of the game, safeguard the physical fitness of opponents, avoid violence and rough play and help injured opponents, accept and show respect on any decision made by the Referee without protest, at all times go and help the opponent and shake hands if you caused the player to fall.
I commit to being a proud ambassador for Sporting Clube de Portugal.
The Responsibility of Parents at our Academy is a crucial one!
Your support will enable your child to have a fun & successful season. We encourage you to work with all the coaches and club administrators/ directors throughout the season as we strive to provide a positive learning experience for ALL players. Here are some ways in which we can work together to foster a fun, safe environment for all:
Encourage good sportsmanship ∙ Be supportive and cheer for your child in a controlled and respectful manner taking into consideration his team mates/ coaches/ other parents and the opposition ∙ Have realistic expectations for your child ∙ Encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for ALL players, coaches, and officials at every event ∙ Encourage your child to treat other players, coaches, fans and officials with respect, regardless of age, race, sex, creed, or ability ∙ Foster a positive environment at all times ∙ Refrain from yelling out negative comments at the players, coaches, game officials, members of the other teams and the other parents ∙ NEVER use profanity at any practices or games ∙ Refrain from drinking alcohol and smoking on the sidelines during training, matches, tournaments and / or close to kids and always obey rules and regulations at events / venues where the Academy is present ∙ Provide support for coaches and officials working with your child to provide a positive, enjoyable experience for all ∙ Do your best to make youth sports fun for your child ∙ Put the game in perspective and not put winning above the well-being of your child or the team ∙ Let the Coaches Coach ∙ Do not enter the training pitch/ area, match or warm up / warm down area or stand close by when coaches are briefing players unless a coach has specifically requested you to do so or in the event of an emergency ∙ Refrain from coaching your child or any player on the team from the sidelines ∙ If players have too many coaches, it is confusing for them and their performance usually declines ∙ Remain well back from the sidelines and within the spectator area ∙ Show support for the coach’s decisions for the team and selected players ∙ You have entrusted the care of your player to our coaches and they need to be completely hassle free to do their job ∙ Refrain as best as possible from talking to your child in a negative and questioning manner regarding his training or his performance in a match ∙ Encourage your child to practice at home on their own ∙ Take care to show good hospitality at home and to represent the Academy in a positive way when visiting other clubs ∙ Never allow yourself to be drawn into a verbal disagreement with opposing parents or coaches ∙ Encourage your child to spend at least 30 minutes every day touching the ball ∙ Both you and your child will see how quickly their ball skills improve which leads to success in practices and games ∙ Monitor lifestyle - eating and sleeping habits/patterns ∙ Be sure your child is eating the proper foods and getting adequate rest ∙ Show commitment ∙ Each member of our teams is important to the success of the team ∙ Help your child learn the value of commitment by supporting your child and their team by arriving at practices and games on time and communicating with your coach in advance if you have a conflict ∙ Please direct concerns or comments directly to your coach in private and NOT in team communication groups ∙ Schedule appropriate times to talk with the coach and or club administrators ∙ Do not approach your child’s coach with questions and queries after a practice unless you have a scheduled a meeting to do so ∙ Give the coach 24 hours before contacting them following a game ∙ Communicate in an honest and respectful manner with the coach and the Academy ∙ Speak directly to the club directors/administrators about any concerns you may have and refrain from negative talk with others who are not part of the solution ∙ Be respectful and always be aware that the coach’s decision on team selection and positions is not an easy one – football is a dynamic sport ∙ The coach’s responsibility is to ensure your child develops as a footballer and as a team player – there are a lot of factors at play when selecting players for a specific team and it is critical to the development of your child that you are supportive of the coach’s decision and that any decision made by the coach is expressed to your child in a positive, supportive and encouraging manner
Additional guidelines :
Should your child not be able to attend practise, please communicate this DIRECTLY to the coach.
I understand that refunds will not be given ∙ I understand that weather may affect the number of practices and games that my child receives and refunds will not be given because of weather ∙ The Academy will attempt to have make up lessons due to bad weather or academic lessons will be held instead of physical training ∙ I understand that even if my child is injured, I am still fully responsible for all registration fees and team fees ∙ I understand that if my actions, words, or behaviour at practices and/or games do not follow the guidelines listed above or the guidelines set by the Academy, that I may be asked to leave the game or practice ∙ I understand that my behaviour may also affect the playing time of my child ∙ Get involved! Volunteer ∙ Support another child financially to participate in the program by helping with sponsorships or donations to our Development Society
POLICY ON CLASHES WITH SCHOOL TRAINING AND MATCHES
We support all our athletes that play football for their school teams.
However, we need our athletes to play together in all the academy’s scheduled league games – this is the reason why we train.
We will excuse any player from playing in a SCP league game due to a direct clash with an IMPORTANT school match. No credit for classes will be given to an athlete that misses training due to a clash with a school football activity. Non-attendance of any of our scheduled training sessions / league matches and friendlies due to the request by a school/ parent to protect a child from fatigue/ injury is not be viewed favourably by us under any circumstances. We urge you to not request an absence from the academy’s activities for this reason.
Disregarding this policy will have a direct impact on an athlete’s selection process and game time for future academy games, should we regard the request to be excused as unreasonable.
ATHLETE INSURANCE & IMDEMNITY
I have read and accept the terms and conditions relating to Escola Sporting PTE LTD’s waiver of liability, as per pages 6 and 7 of this document.
Furthermore, I hereby agree that I am fully responsible for my child’s health and injury insurance. I accept that Escola Sporting PTE LTD (Sporting CP Soccer Academy, Singapore) has not insured my child in any way and is not liable in any manner whatsoever for any costs relating to injury, loss or death as a result of my child taking part in any of the academy’s activities. I agree that my child takes part in the academy’s activities at his/ her / our own risk and confirm by accepting this form that he/ she is fit and able to take part in the academy’s program.
Please pay your fees on time. It is awkward for to chase fees with friends!
IMPORTANT MATTERS GOVERNING EXTERNAL TRAINING AND TALENT IDENTIFICATION:
During your child’s time at our academy, he will be formally registered with SCP in Lisbon.
Our academy is licensed by SCP by means of a formal contractual agreement. As part of this agreement, we are governed by strict conditions pertaining to our athletes and specifically talent identification.
The following are very important conditions when your child joins the academy:-
- Your child may be invited formally by SCP SG and Sporting Clube de Portugal to attend youth professional trials at Sporting CP’s academy in Lisbon or elsewhere. The terms of this invitation will be disclosed if this situation arises.
- Sporting Clube de Portugal has a right of first refusal to enrol your child in its professional youth program in Portugal or elsewhere, subject to the parents and SCP coming to agreement on the terms of such placement. Should an athlete attend trials at SCP and should SCP not formally invite an athlete in writing to join its professional academy in Lisbon or elsewhere, the athlete is then free to consider other academies/ clubs.
- Your child is not permitted to play for or represent any other Academy whilst playing for Sporting CP Soccer Academy – Singapore.
- SCP SG Academy athletes are not permitted to take part in ANY soccer camp (International or local club) that is linked to / hosted by an entity that has an academy in Singapore.
- We must receive written notification by a parent/ legal guardian should any SCP SG Academy athlete register for any soccer training camp or be invited to train at any club/ club’s representative/s venues overseas. This notification must contain all the particulars relating to the camp / invite to participate, once participation is confirmed.
- It is entirely at Sporting Clube de Portugal and Escola Sporting PTE LTD’s discretion to offer and provide support to an athlete and his parents regarding his possible placement at an alternative professional youth academy.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY/INDEMNITY AND CONSENT
- I hereby release and indemnify Escola Sporting Pte. Ltd (Sporting CP Soccer Academy, Singapore, herein after referred to as ES SCP) and its affiliates (Directors, officers, servants and agents, employees, volunteers, contractors, sponsors, venues and stakeholders) from all liabilities, claims, proceedings, and expenses arising from or in any way connected with my child's participation in ES SCP activities.
- My child will participate at his/her own risk, and I accept all risks associated with the activity including injury, permanent incapacitation, death, loss and damage.
- Participation in ES SCP training classes and any related league or other event conducted / hosted by ES SCP does not include Personal Injury Insurance.
- My child will wear suitable and appropriate clothing, footwear and equipment as prescribed by Sporting CP Soccer Academy, as defined by the coach and as set out in the Code of Conduct.
- I accept that my child's personal property may be lost or damaged and that my child may cause injury to other persons or damage their property.
- I understand that participation is of a physical nature. I declare as a condition of participation, that my child has sufficient personal fitness to be able to safely participate and that I am not aware of any illness, injury, disability or condition which may preclude my child from participating and/or cause my child injury, death or loss while participating in ES SCP programs and activities.
- I understand that I must disclose any pre-existing medical or other condition that may affect the risk that either my child or any other person will suffer injury, loss or damage and waiver any claim they might have on.
- I consent to first aid being administered by a ES SCP staff member who is the holder of a current first aid certificate.
- I agree that if my child is injured or ill that ES SCP and its affiliates may at my cost and expense arrange medical treatment and emergency transportation to hospital or a doctor as deemed necessary, by ES SCP and its affiliates. I agree that I am responsible for my child's medical and ambulance costs and insurance.
- My child will not engage in any conduct, on or off the field, which places other participants at risk of injury or death and/or which is in the opinion of ES SCP and its affiliates, considered to be unreasonable or unsportsmanlike behaviour. The determination of whether my child's conduct places or placed other persons at risk of injury or death and/or which is or was unreasonable or unsportsmanlike behaviour is solely at the discretion ES SCP and its affiliates and I agree to be bound by that determination.
- I give permission for my child to be collected from ES SCP by my nominated contacts. I will advise ES SCP before any event if any other person is authorised to collect my child. My child will not be released into the care of a minor (less than 18 years).
- I hereby release and indemnify ES SCP (Directors, officers, servants, employees and agents) of any responsibility that might arise related to ensuring my child gets home safely after any ES SCP event.
- I agree for my child's personal details to be entered into a database held by ES SCP which will be used for the administration of programs and activities and may also be used for future marketing and promotion of ES SCP.
- I give consent for ES SCP staff members to take photographs or videos of the classes and events where my child might attend, for marketing and/or publicity use. Photographs/videos taken by parents/guardians may only be used for personal use.
- A parent and/or guardian of a child must be present at all times throughout a program or activity when the child has not started Kindergarten. Children can attend a School Holiday Camp without parent/guardian supervision only if they have turned 4 years and 6 months.
- I will ensure that my child has sufficient water for the duration of any activity.
- I will adhere to the venue terms of admission at all times.
- Staff cannot accept children who are sick for the safety of all children attending the program. Parents/guardians are asked to make other arrangements for their children in these circumstances.
I have read, understood and accept the terms and conditions relating to my child’s / children’s enrolment and acceptance into the Sporting CP Soccer Academy, Singapore.